Demon Clan's Astarote
Astarote has long white hair and green eyes with similar cat-like designs as her younger sister. She dresses very feminine and is usually seen wearing white dresses. Her facial expressions depict her as soft and serene.
Astarote was a kind-hearted and determined individual. She kept the kingdom safe with her strong magical powers. She held great prestige because of her power and would have been the next Demon Clan leader if not for her untimely death. Her happy and compassionate nature made her a role model for young Serin. She was knowledgeable in legends surrounding Chaos and was quick to correct Serin on her assumption her favorite fairytale happened in the past- instead of it being a prophecy. She was due to marry at some point in time, but was murdered beforehand. Her death still haunts Serin and Navarus with Serin shown becoming more with-drawn and almost suicidal until Jae-Hyuk's appearance. Possibly due to her numerous duties as acting second-in-command, Astarote does not appear to have awareness over the Demon Clan's dismissal attitude towards Serin, deemed the weaker sibling. But Astarote was one of the few people who solely acknowledged Serin as herself, instead of her capacity as a power-wielder.
Astarote was the first born daughter of Navarus and would have carried on the title of Demon Clan Head if she had not been murdered. Astarote was known thoughout Chaos for her strong wielding of magic and was called upon to kill monsters whenever a crisis arose. She was excited about becoming a bride when Depore's magic finally brought the young demon down.
Astarote does not serve a major role, but many of the characters mention her in fond passing. Most wish the girl could still be alive to help them destroy the growing issue that is Caladbolg. A flashback to Serin's childhood shows Astarote telling her sister about how the tale of Nexus Nex and Osky may in fact be a prophecy for the future instead of a legend of the past.
Powers & Abilities
Power-wielder: Astarote was Depore's previous wielder, but Depore's powers prove too great and is one of the causes for Astarote's death.
Elder sister of Serin, Astarote was Serin's role model growing up and she held Astarote in high regards. Astarote tried to keep a close eye over her younger sister and often displayed a maternalistic nature towards Serin. Despite Astarote's positive influence, Serin still holds trauma as a young adult of being shunned by nobles in the Demon Clan during childhood for being "the weaker sister" and living in Astarote's shadow. Since Astarote was often in the field maintaining order it is uncertain if Astarote was aware of Serin's troubles.
After Astarote's death, Serin becomes more with-drawn and strives to make herself stronger to carry on her sister's legacy. Serin shows no bitterness towards Astarote for being deemed inferior and is trying to use her own strength to make a positive image for herself. Many people comment on Serin being almost as powerful as her sister. Serin has low self-esteem in matters relating to Astarote, whom she misses dearly.
There is no interaction shown between the two in either series, but Navarus is said to carry great grief over Astarote, his daughter and successor. After Astarote's demise, Navarus's determination to save an imprisoned Serin years later maybe relating to guilt of not wanting to lose both of his daughters.
- "This story is nothing more than a folklore, however...there is a chance that it could have happened, but it might be something that will happen a long time later." - Astarote to Serin, in Chapter 40.
- "Because there are rumors saying that Osky's folktale isn't a folktale, but a prophecy." - Astarote to Serin, in Chapter 40.
- With the revelation of Prince Ninoorut being the true Xix and Siana is his twin sister this makes them Astarote's nephew and niece.
- The twins appear to have inherited their aunt's hair coloring. This is debatable in current times with the reveal of Ninoorut's true appearance when his undead abilities are tapped into. Before Siana required a vessel after losing her heart, she sported white hair. It is unknown whether she chose to dye her hair in her current body or Caladborg had some influence over Siana's current appearance.
- Astarote died after wielding Depore.
- Both Astarote and Serin were separate wielders of magic stones, Depore and Semek. It is ironic that Astarote, the stonger magic castor, was killed wielding Depore while Serin simply loses self-control wielding Semek, who is hinted at being a stronger magic stone than Depore.